Parents Concerned About Critical Race Theory In Schools, Poll Confirms

The Biden Administration Has Sparked Controversy For Endorsing Elements Of Critical Race Theory In Education Programs, And The Latest Polling Reveals A Source Of That Concern.

Read more

Education Secretary Walks Back Critical Race Theory Preference For Federal Grants

Republicans Declared Victory After The U.S. Dept Of Education Released New Info Appearing To Walk Back Previous Language That Encouraged Schools To Teach Critical Race Theory And Gave Preferential Treatment When Awarding Grants If They Did So.

Read more

Tennessee Schools Receive Additional $830 Million from U.S. Department of Education

The U.S. Department Of Education Has Approved Tennessee’s Plan For American Rescue Plan Elementary And Secondary School Emergency Relief Money And Distributed The Remainder Of The Funds.

Read more

Tennessee Public School Enrollment Mirrors National Decline

Tennessee Matched The National Trend As Public School Enrollment This Past School Year Was Down 2.9% In The State Compared With The 2019-2020 School Year, According To Preliminary Data Released By NCES.

Read more

Battle Lines Drawn Over Taxpayer Funding Of Critical Race Theory

A Grassroots Group Of Conservatives And Republican State Leaders Is Pushing Back After The Biden Administration Tied Federal Education Funding To Adopting Controversial Critical Race Theory Teachings In Schools’ Curriculum.

Read more

Protecting Kids from Critical Race Theory in Tennessee Schools

Tennessee House Republicans Are Using The Last Few Days Of This Legislative Session To Take Another Look At A Measure That Would Provide Guidelines On What Public Schools Can Teach Regarding Racism And Inequality.

Read more

Hamilton County Schools COVID Response Praised By Organization Linked To DPE Movement

Hamilton County Schools COVID-19 Response Has Been Praised By An Organization Tied To The ‘Destroy Public Education’ Movement.

Read more

Special Legislative Session Called By Governor Lee With Focus On Education Issues

“It is important to get these issues right. Teacher salaries and BEP must be addressed. The literacy bill should have been addressed last session. Some of these issues will take time and input, cookie cutter solutions may not be the best solution.” – JC Bowman, executive director of Professional Educators of Tennessee.

Read more

Tennessee Has Used Only 43% Of State’s CARES Act Education Funding

With Education struggling across TN during the Pandemic, the TN Dept of Education has only awarded 43% of CARES Act Education dollars. Leaving 57% ($256.28 million) of $596 million dollars in aid to be spent in less than 6 months or it will must be returned to the government.

Read more