Photo: Moon River Music Festival crowd from 2019
Photo Credit: Moon River Music Festival / Facebook
Published August 9, 2021
The Tennessee Conservative Staff –
Promoters for the upcoming Moon River Music Festival 2021 say they will require that all those in attendance be fully vaccinated or have a negative COVID-19 test result from within the past 72 hours.
The sold-out event takes place at Coolidge Park in Chattanooga on September 11 and 12. It features a lineup of live music and vendors, including co-founder Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors.
The festival was started by Holcomb in 2014 in Memphis and was moved to Chattanooga in 2018 after it outgrew the Memphis location. It is now organized by AC Entertainment. It is anticipated that around 11,000 people will be in attendance.
*** Click Here to Support Conservative Journalism in Tennessee. We can’t cover topics like this without your support!***
The festival’s latest announcement also says that they will be requiring individuals to wear masks when visiting any indoor spaces in the park, and they also stated that anyone who is not fully vaccinated but has a negative test result must still wear a mask at all times while at the festival.
Event organizers also ask that people opt not to attend if they, or anyone in their party, has been recently exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
The announcement on the festival website and social media pages says that all attendees comply with their Moon River Fan Health Pledge.
The pledge asks that people not attend the festival if any of the following is true for them or anyone in their party:
- Within 14 days before attending the festival you have tested positive, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for, COVID-19;
- Within 48 hours prior to attending the festival, you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever of 100.4F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Within 14 days prior to attending the festival, you have travelled to any international territory identified by federal or applicable state or local governments as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to COVID-19
The Covid-19 Health Policy & Moon River Entry Requirements differ slightly from what was presented on the Facebook post.
They are stated as follows:
Moon River 2021 Entry Procedures
The safety of our patrons and our staff is our number one priority. As such, a full COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID-19 test results will be required to attend Moon River 2021.
For patrons who are not fully vaccinated, a negative COVID-19 test result must be obtained within 72 hours (3 days) of first attending Moon River.
- Comply with the Moon River Fan Health Pledge
- Each day, bring a printed copy of your Vaccine Card, Vaccine Record, or printed result Negative COVID-19 test (showing test date). Regardless of your vaccination status we ask that you please also bring a mask.
- Bring your Festival Wristband
- If you are unvaccinated, wear a mask throughout your time onsite.
- Please also remember our updated bag policy – CLEAR BAGS ONLY – and No liquids are allowed to be brought into Moon River
Based on the latest advice from health officials, Moon River will ask that patrons wear masks in any indoor spaces at Coolidge Park, which includes The Lookout Lodge, The Carousel, Box Office, VIP Hospitality Lounge and the Friday night VIP Event. All fans attending the festival must bring a mask each day.
Fans weighed in on the festival’s Facebook page, with many trying to sell tickets they purchased months ago, in light of the new COVID-19 regulations. Comments were made on older posts after the festival coordinators shut off all commenting on their post about the required vaccination.
Chris Carlino posted, “Am I expected to have a swab shoved up my 6 and 8 year old’s nose in order to attend??? If so I’m going to need a refund since that wasn’t part of the experience I paid $500 bucks for months ago.”
According to the information on their website, festival organizers are mandating the negative testing requirement for all in attendance, including minors.
The group is not offering refunds for those who do not want to comply with the new regulations. Refunds are only being issued for those who test positive with the 72 hours prior to the festival or who were positive and are still in the 14-day quarantine window.
Facebook follower Jay Dorley asked, “What’s 2 VIP tickets worth, if a full refund isn’t possible?? Am not ok with taking an infection so we probably will bail. Ridiculous.”
Organizers claim they are following the guidance of local health officials by instating the new policy.