Less Than A Quarter Of Registered Voters Will Likely Decide Races In Today’s Election

Image Credit: sos.tn.gov

The Tennessee Conservative [By Paula Gomes] –

According to the Secretary of State’s website, just 11% of registered Tennessee voters have voted early or absentee so far in today’s election; 132,720 fewer voters than this time two years ago. Out of the 4,210,456 registered voters in the state only 477,873 have already voted, with Republicans outvoting Democrats roughly two to one statewide.

In the August 6th, 2020 election, 14% of registered voters voted absentee or early with an additional 10% showing up on Election day to cast their vote for a total of 24% of all registered voters in the state.

Voters can view a sample ballot by visiting this link. Tennesseans should expect to see a longer ballot as races for state, federal and county officials are all on the ballot as well as questions regarding retention for judges on Tennessee’s Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, and Court of Criminal Appeals.

Tennessee Watchdog journalist William Haupt III says, “Local elections are the most important place to cast your vote. Today’s election will decide which candidates get to move forward from the primaries to the November elections but will also decide many local races such as County Mayor, School Board members, County Commissioners, and SEC committeemen and committeewomen. 

***Click HERE to support Conservative Journalism in Tennessee. We can’t cover stories like this without your support!***

Two years ago, less than a quarter of all registered voters decided who was elected to these local positions. These races have been far more contentious this year with school board races allowed to be partisan for the first time.

In some cases, today’s votes in the primaries will decide some races even before the November election, making it even more important to go vote. This is the case for Senate District 27 where two Republican candidates are facing off in the primary. Gary Humble is challenging Jack Johnson in that race. Whoever wins in the primary will win the election in November as no Independents or Democrats are running.

About the Author: Paula Gomes is a Tennessee resident and reporter for The Tennessee Conservative. You can reach Paula at paula@tennesseeconservativenews.com.

4 thoughts on “Less Than A Quarter Of Registered Voters Will Likely Decide Races In Today’s Election

  • August 4, 2022 at 4:15 pm
    Permalink

    I recently moved from a state where your vote truly didn’t count because the voting system was the proving grounds for the 2020 election fraud. My vote hasn’t counted in years. The last time I went to vote in that state was to recall the governor, and when I, and many others that were Republicans went to vote, we were all told that we had already voted. Truly no joke, it was rigged. This can easily happen in TN if we do not get out and vote! It is our civic duty as citizens to vote, many have died so that we can vote, and we absolutely cannot let this state fall into the hands of communists that have taken over some other states and then rigged elections to ensure that nobody can overturn them. VOTE!!!!

    Reply
    • August 5, 2022 at 5:44 pm
      Permalink

      Let me guess. You were from California.
      Thank God you got out.

      Reply
  • August 4, 2022 at 4:27 pm
    Permalink

    I am never concerned that too few people vote, rather I feel that too many people vote who don’t have the foggiest idea of what the heck they are voting for. The emphasis should be on getting those people who do go out and vote and are conservative by temperament and/or conviction to vote for real conservatives rather than those play acting as conservatives during election time.

    Reply
  • August 5, 2022 at 2:35 am
    Permalink

    Apathy is a killer. If we don’t participate in higher numbers we can’t complain about the rule of the bureaucracy. We get what we deserve. What’s up with merely 40% of Christians being registered?? If it is faith in “separation of church and state” be ready for “separation of church by state” ™️ mail

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.