Photo Credit: capitol.tn.gov & Facebook
The Tennessee Conservative [By Paula Gomes] –
In a Twitter post last night, Tennessee House Republicans declared, “COVID Special Session starts tomorrow and House Republicans are ready to fight for your INDIVIDUAL CHOICE.”
One of those Republicans is Representative Susan Lynn (District 57). She writes:
I want to first reassure you that I am doing everything in my power to keep Tennessee free of all COVID-19 vaccine mandates. Standing with me is the TN House Republican Caucus, who have worked long and hard to put a stop to these federal mandates. President Biden and Kamala Harris have infiltrated this state with tyrannical legislation and executive orders and it’s time to put an end to it once and for all.
As a result, the Speaker of the House and the Lt. Governor have called a special session to deal with these issues.
When the General Assembly reconvenes for a Special Session, I am personally filing several bills to fight for you regarding COVID-19:
1. A bill proscribes three exemptions to mandated Covid-19 vaccinations: individual immunity; a medical condition; reasons of conscience, including religious beliefs.
2. Prohibit discrimination against the unvaccinated including for purposes of prioritizing medical care, commercial services or event attendance.
3. Post the FLCCC Alliance I-MASK+ protocol on the state’s website which is for the prevention of COVID-19 and to improve the outcomes for patients ill with the disease.
4. Use some of the federal funds provided for combatting Covid-19 to supply every adult Tennessean with Covid-19 Well kits to help prevent the Covid-19 disease and to adequately care for themselves and their family at home, and to provide those at 2.5 times the federal poverty limit or less with a Necessity Package that contains items like a digital thermometer and a pulse oximeter.
5. An employer may not require anyone with natural immunity to receive the vaccine.
6. Employers are 100% liable for any adverse health outcomes of employees if they require Covid-19 vaccines.
7. Employers are 100% liable for the death benefit of employees who die due to a mandated vaccine if the employee’s life insurance company refuses to pay the death benefit to the beneficiary due to the vaccine being unapproved.
8. It is unlawful to coerce an individual to have a medical procedure via the imposition of an economic harm penalty.
a. Procedure means any injection, vaccination, or any invasive procedure.
Representative Lynn goes on to say, “The speaker and other pro-freedom legislators are also filing legislation. I am confident that we will pass legislation that will help Tennesseans fight the mandates.”
Click HERE to view all the bills currently up for consideration in this week’s Special Session.
Find your State Representative HERE.
Find your State Senator HERE.
Senate Health Committee Members to Contact:
Rusty Crowe – firstname.lastname@example.org – (615) 741-2468
Ferrell Haile – email@example.com – (615) 741-1999
Joey Hensley – firstname.lastname@example.org – (615) 741-3100
Ed Jackson – email@example.com – (615) 741-1810
Becky Massey – firstname.lastname@example.org – (615) 741-1648
Shane Reeves – email@example.com – (615) 741-1066
Art Swann – firstname.lastname@example.org – (615) 741-0981
Bo Watson – email@example.com – (615) 741-3227
House Health Committee Members to Contact:
Rebecca Alexander – firstname.lastname@example.org – (615) 741-2251
Clark Boyd – email@example.com – (615) 741-7086
David Byrd – firstname.lastname@example.org – (615) 741-2190
Ron Gant – email@example.com – (615) 741-6890
Mark Hall – firstname.lastname@example.org – (615) 741-1350
Esther Helton – email@example.com – (615) 741-1934
Tim Hicks – firstname.lastname@example.org – (615) 741-1717
Doc Kumar – email@example.com – (615) 741-2860
Tom Leatherwood – firstname.lastname@example.org – (615) 741-7084
Pat Marsh – email@example.com – (615) 741-6824
Bob Ramsey – firstname.lastname@example.org – (615) 741-3560
Robin Smith – email@example.com – (615) 741-2548
Bryan Terry – firstname.lastname@example.org – (615) 741-2180
Kevin Vaughan – email@example.com – (615) 741-1866
Sam Whitson – firstname.lastname@example.org – (615) 741-1864
Ryan Williams – email@example.com – (615) 741-1875
About the Author: Paula Gomes is a Tennessee resident and contributor to The Tennessee Conservative. You can reach Paula at firstname.lastname@example.org.